Do we have to make these changes?
Yes, the current format of the ANZ SWIFT Reporting - MT940 data your organisation has been utilising will not be available after July 2024.
Will this service stop?
No, your organisation can continue to use this service the same way as your organisation does today as ANZ updates the technology infrastructure.
What is the impact for this service?
There are several changes to the way ANZ process the ANZ SWIFT Reporting -MT940 messages. We anticipate that most customers using the current ANZ SWIFT Reporting - MT940 service will need to make required changes.
What are the specific changes?
There are changes to the Block 3 and several Tags:
ANZ SWIFT Reporting - MT940 messages content changes - relate to five fields in the message.
- Block number 3 – Message reference will now populate
- Tag :28C: - Statement Number / Sequence Number will no longer contain preceding zeros, e.g., 68/1
- Tag :61: - Statement Line will include different transaction type ID codes in some instances and enriched data
- Tag :86: - Supplementary details will include enriched data along with customer and bank reference
- Tag :64: - Closing Available Balance will now be populated
For more information, please refer to ANZ SWIFT Reporting - MT940 - Change Pack
Where can we find out more information?
Please refer to the Digital Solutions Uplift articles and engage your technology and business teams.
When can we start engaging ANZ to start the migration?
We will be migrating customers in tranches. ANZ’s account manager will be in contact with your organisation to mobilise the changes.