End of Day Balance and Transaction Reporting
ANZ provides your organisation with the End of Day Balance and Transaction Reporting (EOD BTR) service. The EOD BTR service consists of a Transactions file (transactions by account from the previous business day) and a Balance file (opening and closing balance per account for the previous business day). Files are delivered to your systems through a Host-to-Host connection via our integrated systems for automated data transfer. These files are used for reconciliation purposes, and your organisation will only receive them as per your account registration.
Summary of Changes
There are changes to the file content and the behaviour regarding empty files.
When there is no End of Day Balance and Transaction Reporting to report on a file, customers receive an empty Transaction EOD BTR file at the scheduled time. ANZ will no longer send empty Transaction EOD BTR files as part of this uplift.
EOD BTR file content changes relate to four fields in the files:
- Account Name - renamed to Account Title
- Transaction Type Name - different naming convention for some transaction types
- Bank Reference - enriched data
- Narrative - enriched data
The changes to the EOD BTR service have the following benefits:
- Consistency across digital channels: Currently, customers may receive EOD BTR files via two channel applications, i.e., Transactive - Global and Host-to-Host. These channels present the transaction data in two different ways. As part of the digital service uplift, ANZ will provide a single standard file for transaction data.
- Enriched transaction data: Additional details are included in the transaction narrative, allowing improved reporting and better-informed decision-making.
What is in the files
There are two files: Balance file and Transaction file. Depending on the set-up, the balance and/or transaction file can contain the details for one or many accounts.
- Balance Files: Details from the previous business day for registered AUD and Foreign Currency accounts
- Transaction Files: Line by line details of each transaction for the specific account for the previous business day
When customers sign up for the EOD BTR Host-to-Host service, they can select one of three file types for their accounts (CSV, SAPGEN or SINBTR).
Please refer to the below for the selected file types:
- CSV - Separate Balance and Transaction files
- SAPGEN - Separate Balance and Transaction files
- SINBTR - Single Balance and Transaction file
All customers will be migrated to the currently registered EOD BTR file type.
The EOD BTR files are sent via Fileactive and delivered to your organisation via a Host-to-Host connection, meaning that ANZ systems are integrated for automated data transfer.