Australian Domestic Payment (AU DE)
ANZ provides your organisation with a service called Australian Domestic Payment (AU DE). The Australian Domestic Payment (AU DE) service enables your organisation to send payment files from your system to ANZ. The AU DE service consists of Payment File, Reply File and Accounting Entries. Once the payment file is processed, a reply file is sent as a recognition of the file receipt.
Summary of changes
There are changes to the number of items in the Payment file, the Reply file content, behaviour and statement narrative. ANZ will now send two Reply files where mixed batches contain both Debit and Credit items as part of this uplift.
- Payment File - limit of 80,000 transactions per batch
- Self-Balancing Batches – new behaviour on how a self-balancing batch is processed and the Reply files that your organisation receives for these types of batches.
- Reply File - Error codes – additional detail in how we present error codes and descriptions.
- Reply File –Mixed Payment Batches– your organisation will now receive two Reply Files instead of one.
- Statement Narrative / Accounting entries – your organisation will now see a different statement narrative.
The changes to the AU DE service have the following benefits:
- Reply File Separation: Currently, customers receive a single reply file for a Mixed Payment Batch containing both debits and credits transactions. In the future the Reply Files for these transaction types will be split, meaning that we are removing a processing dependency between these transactions.
- Error codes Simplification and Enrichment: Easier error handling and better descriptive errors.
- Enriched Transaction Type Data: Will provide better granularity of the data and further support customers reconciliation functions.
- Enriched Bank Reference Data: Will allow for better tracking of payment transactions in your organisations systems.
- Enriched Statement Narrative Data: Additional details that will improve the reconciliation of individual items.
What is in the files
The AU DE service includes a Payment File, Reply File and associated accounting entries. All customers will be migrated to the currently registered Australian Domestic Payments (AU DE).
Frequency and Timing
We accept your Payment files for processing in the standard business hours. If the Payment files are sent to ANZ outside the processing window, the files are warehoused by ANZ and processed on the value date.
The AU DE Payment files and Reply files are sent via Fileactive and delivered to your organisation via a Host-to-Host connection, meaning that our systems are integrated for automated data transfer. This delivery method will not change as part of this uplift.