ANZ provides your organisation with Returned Items files relating to your Direct Entry Debit and Credit processing and Cheque deposits. Reports are delivered to your systems through a Host-to-Host connection via our integrated systems for automated data transfer. These files are used for reconciliation purposes, and your organisation will only receive the files as per your account registration.
Summary of Changes
There are changes to the file content and the behaviour regarding empty files.
When there are no returned items to report on a file, customers receive an empty Returned Item file at the scheduled time. ANZ will no longer send empty Returned Items files as part of this uplift.
- Empty Returned Items Files – will no longer be received in the modern system
- Transaction ID field – will now report a Unique Transaction Identifier in the Returned Items Direct Entry Debit and Credit and Cheque file
The changes to the Returned Items service have the following benefits:
- Consistency across digital channels: Currently, customers may receive Returned Items files via two channel applications, i.e., Transactive - Global and Host-to-Host. These channels present the transaction data in two different ways. As part of the digital service uplift, ANZ will provide a single standard file for transaction data.
- Opportunity to receive your Returned Items data earlier: If your organisation is currently registered to receive the data twice per day, there is an opportunity to receive the data seven times per day, allowing your organisation to receive files from 7 am.
- Opportunity to upgrade to the global ISO file standard: As a result of upgrading to the latest Returned Items Host to Host service, customers can upgrade to the future standard file structure - ISO20022, which provides flexibility and even greater data enrichment.
Currently, the ISO20022 file format is not available. Please contact your Account Manager if this upgrade interests your organisation.
What is in the files
The files contain unprocessed transactions related to your Direct Entry Debit and Credit processing and Cheque deposits, as per your registration.
Frequency and Timing
There are two frequencies in which the file can be sent to your organisation:
- twice per day or
- seven times per day, at a set schedule
The frequency can be set for future file distribution.
The Returned Items files are sent via Fileactive and delivered to your organisation via a Host-to-Host connection, meaning that ANZ systems are integrated for automated data transfer.