Fix Cheque Encoding Error allows you to request the bank to investigate and resolve a cheque transaction where a cheque number or amount has been captured incorrectly by the bank.
- Available for both debit transactions (cheque issued) and credit transactions (cheque deposit)
- Available for domestic cheques only
To create a Fix Cheque Encoding Error service request, go to the Create Service Request screen, click Fix Cheque Encoding Error and complete the relevant sections below.
If you are entitled to more than one Account, select the Account Number that the cheque transaction relates to from the drop-down list.
Search for Transaction
- Enter the Post Date or select a date or date range (maximum 30 days) from the calendar
- Select if the transaction is a credit, debit or both from the Credit/Debits list
- Enter the Amount
- Click Search and select the cheque transaction you would like to fix
- Tick the checkbox if you would like to Fix a Cheque within a Bulk Deposit
Enter Cheque Encoding Details
- IF Cheque Number is selected enter the Incorrect cheque number and Correct cheque number
- IF Amount is selected enter the Cheque number , Incorrect cheque amount and Incorrect cheque number
Your Reference (optional)
- Enter a note into the Your Reference section for your own record and other users in your organisation to view (up to 40 characters)
- Click Next
Review and Submit
- Review the cheque transaction details and click Submit to submit the service request for processing
If you don't have an email address registered with ANZ, a pop-up window is displayed advising to enter an email address to receive alerts when this service request is updated. To register your email address with ANZ, click here.In the confirmation pop-up window, choose your next course of action:
- Click View Request Details to view the request details
- Click Raise another Service Request to go to the Create Service Requests screen
- Click Ok to go to the Cash Management Service Requests screen