What is International Payment Tracking?
International Payment Tracking allows you to view more information about your GPI compliant international payments. ANZ receives this information as a SWIFT GPI member and we relay this information to you through Transactive – Global in near real time.
What is SWIFT GPI?
SWIFT Global Payments Innovation (SWIFT GPI) is an industry initiative aimed at providing transparency of payment processing between Correspondent Banks and to transform the cross-border payment experience. They aim to make cross-border payments faster, traceable and more transparent. As of November 2020, more than 1059 banks have joined the service and provide confirmation of payment received in real-time.
What are the criteria for a payment to be available on International Payment Tracking?
Payments available for full tracking must satisfy all the criteria below:
- Payment was initiated via ANZ Transactive – Global or ANZ Fileactive and approved in ANZ Transactive – Global
- Payment initiated and successfully processed by ANZ within the last 30 days.
- Payment must be cross-border (i.e. excludes domestic payments).
- Payment must be cross-banks (i.e not ANZ to ANZ).
- All banks within the payment route must be a SWIFT GPI member bank.
Can I track a batch of international payments?
Yes, you can track individual payments within a batch.
Why can’t I track international payments from one ANZ account to another ANZ account?
This is because international payments sent from one ANZ account to another ANZ account are not sent via the SWIFT network.
Why are Multibank payments excluded?
This is because Multibank payments are not payments, but rather MT101 messages sent to another bank requesting payments.
Is there a list of SWIFT GPI compliant banks?
Yes, a full list of available SWIFT GPI compliant banks is available on the SWIFT GPI website.
Can I track international payments created in a Confidential Data Group?
Yes, you can track international payments created in a Confidential Data Group if you have permission to the Confidential Data Group. The payments you can see on the tracker will depend on your view permissions in Transactive – Global.
How do I view tracking information on an international payment?
- Navigate to Payments > International Payment Tracking
- Follow instructions on the International Payment Tracking screen
Why can't I see a payment I just initiated or initiated recently in the International Payment Tracking screen?
International Payment Tracking is only available after a payment has been processed by ANZ. If you have recently submitted an international payment to ANZ for processing, it might still be waiting for ANZ to process. To check if this is the case:
- Go to the Current Payments Screen.
- Select the payment you would like to check.
- If the payment is in an "In Progress" status then it is still pending payment processing within ANZ.
- Once the payment is in a "Completed" status, it will be displayed in the International Payment Tracking screen.
My international payment has been completed, however is still coming up as “In Progress” in the International Payment Tracking?
Transactions “Completed” in Past Payments means that it has been successfully completed and processed by ANZ.
"In Progress" Payments can be due to two different reasons:
- The payment is still under processing by intermediary or beneficiary bank.
- The payment was sent to an non-GPI compliant bank and we will not get any further updates from the intermediary or beneficiary banks.
If there is no change to payment tracking status after 3 working days, please contact your relevant ANZ Customer Service Centre for a trace or investigations request.
What information does International Payment Tracking include?
Does the Duration include ANZ processing time?
No, the duration does not include the ANZ process timing. Duration is calculated from the receipt of payment by the first GPI compliant bank in the payment journey until payment is received by the beneficiary.
Why can't I see the duration of my payment?
Duration is only available where a GPI compliant intermediary bank is involved in the payment route.
How do I view tracking information for international payments initiated more than 30 days ago? How can more in-depth payment information be requested?
Please follow the current method of contacting your relevant Customer Service Centre for a trace or investigations request.
Why can't I use Filter on the Control Bar when I have enabled the Toggle Accessible Grid?
This is because the toggle accessibility grid function is made to comply with the WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) in order to assist with screen read out and desktop accessibility features.
What does a 'Rejected' status mean?
The payment has either been rejected by a correspondent bank or the beneficiary bank. For further information please contact your relevant Customer Service Centre .