Periodic Direct Debits allow you to establish a schedule to manage recurring direct debits. If your organisation is set up to approve templates, a new periodic direct debit will need to be approved by users with the correct permissions prior to being active. Once active, a direct debit is created from the schedule approximately seven days before the Value Date and will be available to view and approve in the Current Direct Debits screen.
Methods of creating NZ Periodic Direct Debits:
- Use a direct debit template
- Use the Create Periodic Direct Debit screen - see below:
To create a New Zealand Periodic Direct Debit, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Receivables > Periodic Direct Debits screen
- Click New on the Control Bar
- Click Create Periodic Direct Debit
- Complete the sections below
- If you are entitled to more than one Division, select the Division under which the direct debit will be made
Did you know that you can setup a default Division? Click here to find out more.
- Select the account the funds will be credited To
- Repeats is defaulted to Monthly as this currently the only frequency available
- From the Repeats Every drop-down list, select 1 to 12 month intervals :
- Choose 1 to create a direct debit instance monthly
- Choose 3 to create a direct debit instance quarterly
- Choose 6 to create a direct debit instance half yearly
- Choose 12 to create a direct debit instance yearly
- Or choose another month interval as required
- From the Repeats On drop-down, select the day of month to create a direct debit instance.
If you select 29, 30 or 31 the following warning is displayed: “You have selected a day that is not valid for all months. Direct Debits for invalid dates will be generated with value dates on the last business day of the month, or the following business day.”
- Select a Start Date from the calendar for when the direct debit instances will start to generate and choose an Ends option for when the direct debits instances should stop. It can end with a given End Date, or it can end After a number of occurrences.
Start Date must be the current day plus one.
- Enter a Periodic Direct Debit Name up to 16 characters that will appear on direct debit reports
- Select an Authorisation Code from the drop-down list
- Enter Particulars up to 12 characters that will appear as part of the narrative on the credit account statement
- Enter a Code up to 12 characters that will appear as part of the narrative on the credit account statement
- Enter a Reference up to 12 characters that will appear as part of the narrative on the credit account statement
- Select a Trace Account for direct debits that cannot be processed
- Tick Individual Credits if you need one statement entry for each transaction processed
- Select the Disable Payer changes for Direct Debits created from this Periodic Direct Debit checkbox if you need to prevent users adding new payer or editing details of existing payer in direct debits created from this periodic direct debit
|CONTROL BAR ITEM
|Add individual Payer details to the periodic direct debit instruction.
|Tick the checkbox next to the Payer details, then click Remove.
|Update Batch Defaults, including the remitter name, transaction code, payer particulars, code and reference for every subsequent payer added.
|Filter data on the screen. Enter criteria into one or more text boxes that are under each column heading to display matching records.
- Click Add to add a direct debit instruction to the list
- Add Payer
Add Payer from your Payer ListClick in the Payer Name field and select a payer from the drop-down list. You can also use the Search Payers feature to find a payer in your Payer List.Add New Payer
- Click in the Payer Name field and click Add New Payer
If Add New Payer isn't visible, you do not have entitlements to create payers.
- Enter the Payer Name
- If available, enter an Email Address
- Enter the Payer Account Number; bank (two digits), branch (four digits), the body (seven digits) and the suffix (two or three digits)
- Click Proceed
- Click in the Payer Name field and click Add New Payer
- Enter Particulars up to 12 characters that will appear as part of the narrative on the payer's statement
- Enter a Code up to 12 characters that will appear as part of the narrative on the credit account and payer's statement
- Enter a Reference up to 12 characters that will appear as part of the narrative on the payer's statement
- Enter the Amount to collect from the payer
- If required, click Payer Direct Debit Details to view additional payer details:
Remitter NameThe credit account short name is displayed in Remitter Name and can be changed for this payer if necessary. The Remitter Name can be up to 16 characters and will appear as part of the narrative on the payer's statement.
- Repeat above steps to add each payer to the periodic direct debit
- After you have completed all the periodic direct debit information, click Review & Submit at the bottom of the screen:
Click Close on the Control Bar to discard the periodic direct debit.
Click Save as Draft on the Control Bar to complete the periodic direct debit at a later time.Error?
- Click the drop-down in the Error pop-up to display the error:
- Review the highlighted fields on screen and update as required. If a payer has an error, there will be a warning message in the direct debit instruction: Click Payer Direct Debit Details to view the error in the Payer Direct Debit Details pop-up window:
- Review the periodic direct debit details and click Submit to submit the periodic direct debit:
If the periodic direct debit details are not correct, click Previous to return to the previous screen and edit the periodic direct debit as required.RESULT:
- If your organisation approves templates, a confirmation pop-up window is displayed advising that the periodic direct debit has been submitted for approval. The periodic direct debit will need to be approved (or rejected) before it is active and begins to create direct debits as per the schedule.
- If your organisation does not approve templates, a confirmation pop-up window is displayed and the periodic direct debit is active and will begin to create direct debits as per the schedule.